28 May 2014

in the words of john cage

strangely paralyzed these days. desperate to write something, anything. I suppose this is my something, my anything. my feeble attempt to bust out of this whackadoodle holding pattern. the truth is that I have a hundred things to say, am busting at the seams with all the shareable things. new work, new words, workshops in exciting places. lists, there are a few lists, there are always a few lists. I think maybe I don't know where to start.

and so I think maybe this is how I start. this is how I break out. with this and well, these two words.

4 comments:

  1. I am in a very similar head space. Begin anywhere. Perfect, simple, poignant. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was Colonel Potter (MASH) who said, "If you're not where you're at, you're nowhere."

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppm7Lcpc8Ug#t=21
    begin the begin :)

    ReplyDelete