21 June 2007

hello summer



happy to report: too busy enjoying the first official day of summer, unable to write anything with much substance. though I could not let the day pass without a big fat WOOHOO. a thousand times over, woohoo. I'll scream it until the lady next door has to call the police. okay, probably not but I'll be thinking it. I have been thinking woohoo woohoo woohoo all day long.


(ava made this postcard and I looove it)

also, for those who got their postcards out today, WOOHOO. for those who did not, your big woohoo is coming, not to fret. I'm still working on mine, so no woohoo for me yet either. wow, 77 postcards... is a lot of postcards. believe it or not, I am still thoroughly enjoying myself. plus, ava has enthusiastically hopped on the bandwagon and is sending summer-themed collages/postcards to all her pals. we work joyfully in silence and the afternoons pass too quickly.

happy summer, all. it's going to be a good one, I can feel it. can you feel it? now, go jump in the pool. pick some flowers, buy new bright-colored sandals, make homemade strawberry pie. or something. leave word that you're revelling in it and I'll shout out an extra woohoo in your honor. I promise.

11 comments:

  1. That first photo - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. summer in portland is good, i promise. you have to muddle through june but then you're good to go until october!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my postcards did go out today. it was exciting to slide them into the mailbox, but sort of sad to see them go!

    i was thinking about you - creating 77! postcards is such a giant undertaking, but receiving 77 postcards will be such a joy.

    so about ava and her cards...my son is wanting to swap postcards just like i did. would ava be into swapping with an unknown child on the opposite coast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. my postcards go out tomorrow-- can't wait to see everyone's (woohoo!)

    just got back from a very summer-fied weekend at bonnaroo-- nothing screams summer like dirt, good music and lots of dancing. (woohoo x 10) hooray sun!

    -kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh summer i am so glad you are here! i was thinking about you and your 77 yesterday. i got mine in the mail just in time. woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am a day late, but i have to say, that's not too bad in my world.... i am sure looking forward to all the summer that will be coming my way. thanks andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cards went out yesterday and I watched them with a bit of anxiety as they went through the postal meter since I thought I'd let them go 'envelopeless' (you know, in honor of summer. it's hot out there!).

    Today I worked a half-day. Took the Kidlet to the park; she dipped her toes in the lake and we both had snowcones. Drinking rose tonight. The good life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so exciting! got my first two today and will surely take pics and post to flickr. now i just need to get mine done...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pics you posted here. Such a cool thing Ava is doing in sending her friends postcards. I am thinking about having the kids in my art class make cards to be sent to kids at an orphanage my church supports in the Phillipines. See how your idea had taken off!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sending my (late) postcards tomorrow and then I can reclaim the craft disaster area that is my living room! I had a lot of fun, and I'm so glad you organized this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your photos...
    so full of life, its a joy to lay eyes on them...
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete