17 August 2006

thursday love


by bcbg

I love peasant-style embroidered blouses so much I'd like to make up a song about them. and then I will sing it and sing it and sing it until everyone in the house (including ezra) begs me to stop.



flimsy numbers with bright embroidered flowers like delicious little pieces of candy, they are like mexico next to your skin. they are unsent postcards, turquoise waters, flushed cheeks. I snatch them up at the thrift store even if they are too small, even if they have stains and have the uncontrollable urge to mouth out the word bow-hee-mee-en when I wear them. bohemian-tinged blood runs through my veins, yo. they feel good on me, they feel right. that being said, I only wear them occasionally. I pull them out of my closet when the time is right. sometimes I hang them up around the bedroom to remind me of things that are good.


by free people


from anthropologie


by paul&joe for target

I have been drawn to these blouses for as long as I can remember and would like to own one for every day of the year. right now, I've got seven days covered.

more thursday love here.

13 comments:

  1. i love YOU on thursdays [ok more than thurs...] you are fantastic... esp. in candy coated embroidered blouses... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these photos and I too, love embroidered everything, especially the blouses you've shared with us. Even without seeing your face, you look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you look bee-yoo-tee-full in them, sweetie. Great photos, as usual. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blouses are so pretty. I bought a similar one in Ecuador earlier this summer, but I haven't worn it yet unfortunately. First of all it was too hot for something with long sleeves and now, all of a sudden, the weather is practically autumnal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I counted 4 in my closet. One from my most recent trip to little India in LA (it has beads all over it!!) and two from Berkley that I have yet to remind my sis-in-law that I still have. There hers. They made grrreat maternity blouses! I used to have more but I've loved them to shreads, esp around the underarm area. Oxyclean does wonders for cleaning stains out of these flimsy fabrics.

    I share yout thursday love for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous - and love the line about mexico next to your skin... you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear goddess woman, were we separated at birth? Add in the Indian kurtas for me and I'm good. I am sweeping them up along with all of the green right now so I never run out. I'll still be in them when I'm sipping apertifs in my rocking chair at 90.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the pink and brown is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much everyone... xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those tops too... I used to knock about in one all the time growing up. I'll have to dig 'em up again. So wonderfully delightful... cheers, gracia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not too long ago I posted peasant style embroidery patterns on the HOOP LOVE embroidery group at Flickr. So if you get time between moving boxes you might want to try your hand at it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love them too!
    that's a nice selection.
    they're hard to find, even in mexico.

    ReplyDelete