23 February 2006

thursday love



the fabu-licious scrapalicious joy has started up a thursday love fest: 'things I love thursdays'. I think maybe one of the things I love on this particular day (which just happens to be thursday) is this 'things I love thursdays'. love is good, sharing the love is good. you can never get enough of love, or things people love. and I have self portrait tuesdays and photobooth fridays, so I could also establish meme mondays and wacky wednesdays. kind of like having a pair of underwear for each day of the week (except that we all know that I wear big ol maternity PANTEEZ). well, no-- I'm not going to do all that but I'm definitely hopping on the thursday love bandwagon.

today, I love paper. actually, I am just a little bit nutty over paper every single day of every week of every month for all of the years. I love brand new sheets of papers in bright colors and wild prints. I love crumpled up tissue paper and all kinds of stationary and the versatility of brown craft paper. most of all, I love vintage wrapping paper. I hit the motherload this past summer when I was visiting my great aunt and discovered rolls and rolls of seventies flower power wrapping paper in the basement, just waiting to see the light of day. (for temporary blindness, lookie here and here). see, my aunt worked in a paper factory and also had a difficult time throwing things away. I almost passed out, that stash was so good.

what do I do with all of this paper? I sit around and look at it. and I make collages. and cards. but mostly I just sit around and look at it and LURRRVE it.

11 comments:

  1. ooooooh, i *love* your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your paper too! and how funny is it about our first paragraphs being almost identical? As I was reading yours it was as if I had already read it~freaky....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "big girl" panties AKA those that are not G-strings, thongs, bikinis and the like, rock! It's all about comfort for me, and from time to time dressing up like the gorgeous hot fierce diva and of course other times the girl next door we all have inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. surprise surprise... i'm with ya on this one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoo, I picked a good day to stop by. I love me some paper, and I don't even need to *do* anything with it. Next to me on the floor is a pile of pages I tore out of magazines for the color and texture. And next to me on the wall is a collage I made out of origami papers. And and and. Anyway, right on. I'll be back...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love paper too. There's a place near me that sells stationery, high end invites and boxed correspondence cards for between 2-6 bucks! I flip out when I go in there and start grabbing up all kinds of cool stuff. I usually agonize over it because I always put back most of what I have picked up simply because I want more than I can afford. One day I plan to go in and spend at least 50 bucks and just indulge myself on paper. There's an art store in San Francisco with a whole floor dedicated to paper. They have huge drawers full of paper. It is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, I'm a paper lover too! Just happened to find your blog through another persons. I'm a collage artist as well. If you ever want to do a bag for bag trade of ephemera and some of that yummy 60's paper, I'm all over that. Just post on my blog.
    Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think all this cool retro stuff just FINDS its way to you and Ward, because it KNOWS you'll love them.

    I have a paper fetish too. Always have...ever since I was given an origami book as a child. It came with little squares of shiny origami paper with Asian patterns on them! After feeling the cool paper, you could fold all the square sheets into little animals!!! (God, I was such a flaming little craft-homo)

    Thanks for all the blog love, by the way!!! I LUUUUUURVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the paper and wish I had it too. I can't believe it's roll paper.....I would probably have a hard time using it though. (=

    ReplyDelete
  10. your paper is gorgeous! and this is a belated "thank you" for the gorgeous postcard - i love the prints and colours you used to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dying over the paper in the top left corner!!

    ReplyDelete